Construction Update November 2023
7:38AM November 06, 2023
Construction Updates by Zone
Please see below for estimated timelines related to zones being constructed in 2023. Please remember that there are many factors that could change these timelines!
In Service Zones: Construction and drops are complete for the following zones:
Blossom 101 & 102||Martinsville
102, 104, & 105||Needmore
102, 103, & 104||Smithville
– Ellettsville South|
Creek 103, 104, & 105||Paragon
101, 102, 103||Smithville
101 & 102||Park
Ave 101 & 104||Smithville
101, 102, & 104||Princes
Lake 101, 103, & 104||Smithville
101, 103, & 104||Smithville
– Mount Carmel|
– Stinesville North|
Madison 103 & 104||Stader
101 & 105||Wilbur
– Indian Hills|
103 & 104|
***New orders for these zones are continually coming in.
Our target is to provide service to any new orders in these zones within 8-12 weeks of registering if weather allows. ***
Active Drop Construction - The following areas are actively building drops:
- Freedom NW & W
- Hart Lake – all areas open
- Mooresville 101
- Smithville – Wayne (northern portion of zone)
Distribution Construction - In Progress:
- East Madison 102 – Construction is in progress.
- Dolan 105 – Sample Rd west section is waiting on make-ready* completion.
- Wilbur 101 (Templin Rd) – Construction in progress. Underground make-ready is nearing completion.
- Heartland 102 – is currently with Engineering and will be sent to construction soon.
- Freedom: Backbone construction from Spencer to the Freedom ODC is complete and the ODC is also online. The picture below outlines the different cabinet areas in Freedom. Freedom NW and West are actively building drops. Construction in the town of Freedom, located in the Freedom Central section, and in portions of Freedom NE are complete. Freedom NE & S – Construction nearing completion. One section along Dunn Rd in NE is waiting for make-ready by UDWI. Freedom E – Construction has begun.
*“Fiber make-ready” refers to preparing a utility pole to receive the new fiber attachment.