Construction Update September 2023
8:18PM September 18, 2023
Updates by Zone
Please see below for estimated timelines related to zones being constructed in 2023. Please remember that there are many factors that could change these timelines!
In Service Zones: Construction and drops are complete for the following zones:
Bean Blossom 101 & 102
East Madison 103 & 104
Park Ave 101 & 104
Smithville – Rodeo
Brooklyn 102, 104, & 105
Ellettsville 101 & 105
Princes Lake 101, 103, & 104
Smithville – Ellettsville South
Brummetts Creek 103, 104, & 105
Heartland 103 & 104
Romona 101, 103, & 104
Smithville – McNeely
Carp 101 & 102
Smithville – Franklin
Cope 101, 102, & 104
Needmore 102, 103, & 104
Smithville – Sherfield
Paragon 101, 102, 103
Smithville – Mount Carmel
***New orders for these zones are continually coming in.
Our target is to provide service to any new orders in these zones within 8-12 weeks of registering if weather allows. ***
Active Drop Construction - The following areas are actively
- Cunot 104
- Freedom NW & W
- Hart Lake – all areas open
- Mooresville 101
- Smithville – Stinesville North
- Smithville – Modesto
- Smithville – Indian Hills
Distribution Construction - In Progress:
- Freedom NE and the Town of Freedom – under construction, anticipate completetion in September. Drops are beginning now in constructed areas.
- East Madison 102 – Construction is in progress.
- Dolan 105 – Sample Rd west section is waiting on make-ready* completion.
- Wilbur 101 (Templin Rd) – Waiting on make-ready*.
- Heartland 102 – is currently with Engineering and will be sent to construction soon.
- Freedom: Backbone construction from Spencer to the Freedom ODC is complete and the ODC is also online. The picture below outlines the different cabinet areas in Freedom. Freedom NW and West are actively building drops. Construction in the town of Freedom, located in the Freedom Central section, and in portions of Freedom NE is nearing completion. These areas are being targeted because we are on a state funding timeline. The remaining areas of NE, South, & East will follow.
*“Fiber make-ready” refers to preparing a utility pole to receive the new fiber attachment.